Monday, October 12, 2009

Roasted Asparagus

Description: This is so easy and delicious you won't believe it. It is simple enough for a week night dinner and delicious enough for a holiday meal. Try it and see!

Ingredients:
1 bunch asparagus
1-2 Tbsp. EVOO
1-2 tsp. sea salt (I use McCormick sea salt grinder)
Preparation: Heat oven to 425. Line baking sheet with foil. Was asparagus and snap ends off. If you hold it in the middle and the bottom and bend it slightly, it will snap itself perfectly. Dry and lay flat on baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle sea salt over top. Roll spears around to ensure that they are completely covered in the EVOO and salted evenly. Put in oven for 5 minutes. With a spatula or tongs, flip over to ensure the bottoms do not get browned. Put back in for another 5 minutes.

Alteratives: None needed! This is a great recipe for everyone :) Feel free to also sprinkle ground black peppercorn and/or lemon juice as well. I also put all the ingredients in a ziploc bag and then throw them on the grill right before the other food is ready.

Rating: This gets 4 stars from my crew, how about yours? My husband hates asparagus and he ate 4 spears, but did not ask for seconds and my son ate his only after promising dessert if he finished. I would personally give this 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. my kids LOVE asparagus! especially when it's grilled. mmmm.
    great site! I'll be watching for recipes.. may try out the meatloaf later this week.

    ReplyDelete