Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Avocado (Fake) Milkshake

Description: I know it sounds gross, but my kids love it! We eat a lot of avocados in our home due to the high fat diet my son must be on. This is one of those crazy concoctions I found on line and made it work for our family.

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 1/2 cups goat's milk or whatever kind of milk you use
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 scoops Rice Dream, vanilla flavored
Preparation: Slice avocado in half lengthwise and remove seed. Scoop out and dump into a blender. Add all of the ingredients into blender. Puree or crush, or whatever your setting says to do for a milkshake. If it is too runny just add a few cubes of ice and puree again until ice is crushed.

Alterations: You could use a vanilla flavored milk in this drink with great success. And, coconut milk ice cream is a very creamy alternative.

Rating: I have to give this 4 stars because I couldn't convince my husband to try it no matter how much I begged. The kids, however finished off their milkshake and asked for another, but I was out of avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment