Thursday, November 5, 2009

Change in Plans

Well, my good intentions to keep up with this blog every week have fallen through. We got tests results back on my son that put a halt in my life. He is allergic to WAY more than we had previously thought. The list is as follows:

barley, corn, cucumber, currant, date, eggplant, garlic, grapefruit, lettuce, malt, cow's milk, goat's milk, millet, mustard, onion, orange, green pepper, red pepper, pimento, rice, rye, rape seed (canola), soy, thyme, tomato, wheat, watermelon, baker's yeast, brewer's yeast, all nuts except pecan.

Just about everything I cook has onions, garlic and bell pepper in it. I have had to abandon everything I knew about cooking and start from scratch. Fortunately there are a few really good websites out there and several books that I am in the middle of. I will start posting my new recipes and all those links and books very soon. I have gotten past the shock stage and have finally stopped crying every time my son asks for a "mushin" (muffin). Now I am fully stocked with all of the crazy flours we will soon become accustomed to and am tinkering with them in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment